Or, Grapefruit-Pomegranate Cocktail – it just sounds more fun in French. This is a festive cocktail perfect for the winter holidays and makes use of the fresh grapefruits (or pamplemousses) that are plentiful at this time of year.
One of the ingredients is a versatile Pomegranate-Honey Syrup which can be made ahead of time. It’s great in this cocktail, but is also nice mixed with Prosecco or sparkling wine for a holiday treat. I recommend using POM juice or another bottled pomegranate juice for ease. Add a few fresh pomegranate seeds (typically available from August to January) for garnish.
Holiday Tip: While this recipe makes two cocktails this can easily be doubled or tripled and placed in a pitcher for easy serving.
|Pamplemousse-Grenade Cocktail|| |
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (~ ⅓ of a medium grapefruit)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (~ ¾ of a lime)
- 3 ounces pomegranate-honey syrup
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 small mint sprigs (for garnish)
- Combine vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice and pomegranate-honey syrup in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Add mint leaves to a tall glass, fill with ice and strain drink into glass. (You can also serve it straight up in a martini glass.) Stir and garnish glass with a mint sprig.
* Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc. and served in a pitcher.