Adding honey to the slightly bitter pomegranate makes for a not-too-sweet cocktail syrup that has multiple uses. I like to put it in a decorative pitcher so you (or your guests) can add different mixers to create a variety of drinks.
Having a party? This syrup has many uses including as an ingredient in a Pamplemousse-Grenade Cocktail. It also makes a lovely Prosecco or sparkling wine cocktail – add a teaspoon or two to a glass and top with bubbly wine – perfect for a ladies’ brunch. Or, add it to sparkling water for a non-alcoholic treat.
Holiday Tip: This syrup keeps for about two months – so make it now so you have it on hand for gatherings or parties throughout the holidays. You’ll impress guests when you whip up a fun cocktail.
|Pomegranate-Honey Syrup|| |
- 10 ounces pomegranate juice
- 14 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring the pomegranate juice, water and honey to a simmer in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and stir until it completely dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the syrup into a container and refrigerate it until needed.
- Keeps about 2 months in the refrigerator.
* I recommend using POM juice or another bottled pomegranate juice for ease.
* Ingredient in Pamplemousse-Grenade Cocktail.
* Serve with Prosecco or sparkling wine - add a teaspoon or two to the bubbly wine.