After trying many pre-made balsamic vinegar marinades I wanted to try and make my own version. As is common with most vinegar “recipes” I’ve also infused flavors like rosemary fresh from my garden and some hot pepper flakes to give it a mild kick.
This rosemary infused balsamic vinegar gives the chicken a nice darkly-glazed look and imparts a lot of flavor. Try it for a perfect addition to a summer BBQ and know that it will also pair nicely with the requisite hamburgers and hot dogs at a 4th of July celebration.
|Rosemary-Balsamic Vinegar Chicken|| |
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken (boneless breasts or tenders)
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking pan or ziplock bag and pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight (preferred).
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill chicken for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces) brushing with reserved marinade and turning once so they brown evenly.
- Chicken is done when the meat thermometer registers 165°F or the inside is not pink.