‘Tis the shopping season but also the cooking season. I spend more time baking and cooking for Christmas than I do shopping. Likely because I much prefer being in the kitchen then at the mall.
With just four ingredients this is the perfectly simple treat. Start with dark chocolate and add to it nuts and dried fruit. Finish it off with some good quality flaky sea salt such as Maldon. Don’t skip the salt as it makes the chocolate taste even better. I used pistachios and cranberries as I like the flavor combination plus the colors are perfect for Christmas. Of course any nut and fruit combination will work.
This treat makes a great gift but is also nice to have on hand during the holidays when entertaining family and friends. It satisfies that need for sweet little something.
|Pistachio-Cranberry Chocolate Bark|| |
- 22 ounces dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup unsalted pistachios
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Line a cookie sheet with slightly high sides with wax paper. Recommend 15” x 10” or 17” by 11” cookie sheet.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for about 5-6 minutes until just melted, stirring occasionally.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle pistachios and cranberries over melted chocolate and gently push candy into the chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Break into pieces. Store layered between wax paper or parchment paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Keeps for 2 to 3 weeks.
* If you can only find salted pistachios then use less or no salt.