Ever since I started making Buffalo Chicken Dip I haven’t felt the need to eat Buffalo chicken wings. So when Ed suggested making these Herb Grilled Chicken Wings I had to tell myself that it was okay to eat dark meat and skin every once in awhile. And, I am so glad that I made an exception as these are some of the best wings I have ever had.
They are very easy to make – be sure to marinate them for 24 hours for optimal flavor. There is no need to dip them in anything as they are tasty enough to stand on their own. Perfect food for a fall football game.
|Herb Grilled Chicken Wings|| |
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken wings (in pieces)
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine garlic, oregano, rosemary and oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken wings, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Marinate a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Remove wings from marinade and grill, covered and turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve right off the grill or at room temperature.
* If you really love wings, this recipe only feeds 2 people - adjust accordingly.
Source: Variation on recipe from Bon Appétit, July, 2013