While I made this originally as an accompaniment to Rosemary Corn Muffins, it would also go well with bagels or toast, mashed or baked potatoes, or really anything you pair with butter. I highly recommend using high quality European-style butter or as we say “good butter” in our house. Once you try European-style butter you’ll never go back to regular butter. Feel free to substitute your herb of choice for the chives.
Holiday Tip: This butter keeps for a week, so make it a few days ahead of the holiday and keep it refrigerated.
|Goat Cheese Butter|| |
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces European-style butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely snipped
- Coarse sea salt
- Place goat cheese, butter and chives in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork until well combined.
- Season to taste with sea salt (amount will depend on how salty the butter is).
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving.
* Use high quality goat cheese and European-style butter.
* Keeps, refrigerated, a week in the refrigerator.