This is the key ingredient in a Pomegranate-Rosemary Gin Cocktail. The “woodiness” of the rosemary really comes through in this syrup. Using brown sugar instead of white sugar also gives it more depth.
Holiday Tip: This syrup keeps for about two months – you can make it now so you have it on hand for gatherings or parties throughout the holidays.
|Rosemary-Brown Sugar Syrup|| |
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat add water, brown sugar and rosemary.
- Stir until sugar completely dissolves. Let mixture simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature allowing the flavors to deepen – about 2 hours.
- Once cooled, pour syrup through a strainer and discard the solids.
- Store in a glass jar. Keeps about 2 months in the refrigerator.
* Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled – just use a larger pan for heating.